Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Poem: You, me, the moon after the fight

This poem I wrote about ten years ago.  I was trying to play with sound a little bit. 





You, me, the moon after the fight

The moon swooned
like a drunken sailor
dipping his hand into the sea.

What's imported
as the water laps
into dreams?

Getting lost
one way or another,

The sailor flips his palm
like a giant fish;
pale fingers glint wet
like gills.

The boats disappear
into the sea,
into the dark sky and night.
They drown in the orange moon's descent.

We follow.

If you like my poetry, you can see some more poems on my photography blog:
haiku
Poem: Requiet
Poem: The Hidden
Poem: Winter Watch
Haiku for Winter

1 comment:

  1. I love the opening stanza, "the moon swooned/like a drunken sailor/dipping his hand into the sea." great job. :)

    ReplyDelete